Ticket #7012 (closed defect: fixed)
clean up sage/numerical/mip.pyx
|Reported by:||mvngu||Owned by:||jkantor|
|Cc:||ncohen, mhansen||Work issues:|
|Report Upstream:||Reviewers:||Mike Hansen, Minh Van Nguyen|
|Authors:||Nathann Cohen||Merged in:||sage-4.2.alpha1|
As the subject says. This is a follow up to #6869 to address mhansen's suggestions:
After going through this patch, I think it would be best to revert it before 4.1.2 is released. There is still a lot of things that need to be done to get it cleaned up. Some of the things, 1. Almost all of the docstrings are incorrectly formatted. 1. This module should _definitely_ not be a Cython module as it does not gain any benefit from Cython. It just makes Sage slower to compile and things harder to debug. 1. Some of the naming conventions do not match Sage's conventions. (isbinary vs. is_binary). Also, names like the more explicit MixedIntegerProgram? are preferred over the shortened MIP. 1. The optional spkgs should not install modules into the sage.* namespace (sage.numerical.mipGlpk). This is not the right way to do things and will eventually break. I think it also makes sense to use (and contribute to) something like ctypes-glpk to allow greater functionality and not reinvent the wheel. I have some code that addresses some of these things that I'll put up shortly.
- Summary changed from clean up sage/numerical/mip.pyx to [work in progress] clean up sage/numerical/mip.pyx
- Type changed from enhancement to defect
- Summary changed from [work in progress] clean up sage/numerical/mip.pyx to [with patch, needs review] clean up sage/numerical/mip.pyx
comment:13 Changed 4 years ago by mvngu
- Status changed from needs_review to positive_review
- Summary changed from [with patch, needs review] clean up sage/numerical/mip.pyx to clean up sage/numerical/mip.pyx
- Authors set to Nathann Cohen
Note: See TracTickets for help on using tickets.