Ticket #5900 (closed enhancement: fixed)
[with patches, positive review] Add support for system python != Sage python
|Reported by:||tabbott||Owned by:||tabbott|
|Report Upstream:||Reviewers:||Mike Hansen|
|Authors:||Tim Abbott||Merged in:||Sage 4.1.2.alpha2|
On Ubuntu jaunty, the system Python is 2.6 but Sage is built with Python 2.5. This results in problems in a few places where Sage directly invokes a python program rather than running it via python. For example, running "trial" rather than "python $(which trial)" would result in "trial" being started with Python 2.6.
I've attached the set of patches that I applied in order to deal with this issue in Jaunty. I believe they should be harmless for Sage, since it puts $SAGE_LOCAL at the start of PATH, ahead of any system copies of trial/twistd/etc. that might exist.
- Reviewers set to Mike Hansen
- Summary changed from [with patches, needs review] Add support for system python != Sage python to [with patches, positive review] Add support for system python != Sage python
- Authors set to Tim Abbott
- Status changed from new to closed
- Resolution set to fixed
- Merged in set to Sage 4.1.2.alpha2