Ticket #5875 (closed defect: fixed)
[with patch, positive review] Support tachyon on FreeBSD
|Reported by:||pjeremy||Owned by:||mhansen|
|Report Upstream:||Reviewers:||Mike Hansen|
|Authors:||Peter Jeremy||Merged in:||sage-4.1.rc0|
tachyon does include BSD support (though the code advises that it hasn't been tested for a while). Looking though the source code, there's no obvious bitrot so add FreeBSD support to the spkg-install script.
This patch does not include support for either threaded or 64-bit tachyon. The former shouldn't be too difficult to add and the MacOS-X port implies it is optional. The 64-bit support is solely an optimisation - a test to detect wrap-around of long integers is removed since wrap-around isn't possible with 64-bit longs.
- Owner changed from mabshoff to mhansen
- Reviewers set to Mike Hansen
- Summary changed from [with patch, needs review] Support tachyon on FreeBSD to [with patch, positive review] Support tachyon on FreeBSD
- Status changed from new to assigned
- Authors set to Peter Jeremy