Ticket #5117 (closed defect: fixed)
[with patch] Rename the Polyhedron.union(...) method
|Reported by:||sbarthelemy||Owned by:||mhampton|
|Cc:||mhampton, vbraun||Work issues:|
|Report Upstream:||N/A||Reviewers:||Andrey Novoseltsev|
|Authors:||Volker Braun||Merged in:||sage-4.4.4.alpha0|
The Polyhedron class (in the polyhedra module) has a union method
def union(self, other): """ Returns a polyhedron whose vertices are the union of the vertices of the two polyhedra. ....
The name is misleading as the method does not return the union of self and other (which would not be a convex polyhedron).
The method should then be removed or renamed. As the method itself consists in one single line of code (and as I have no idea of a proper name), I would tend to remove it.
The attached patch removes it.
- Status changed from new to needs_info
- Report Upstream set to N/A
- Summary changed from remove (or enhance an rename) the Polyhedron.union()) method to Rename the Polyhedron.union(...) method
- Cc vbraun added
- Status changed from needs_info to needs_review
- Summary changed from Rename the Polyhedron.union(...) method to [with patch] Rename the Polyhedron.union(...) method
Changed 3 years ago by novoselt
- Status changed from needs_review to positive_review
- Reviewers set to Andrey Novoseltsev
- Authors set to Volker Braun