Ticket #5111 (closed enhancement: fixed)
[with patch, positive review] axiom --> fricas ?
|Reported by:||was||Owned by:||mhansen|
Description (last modified by was) (diff)
Should we change axiom.py to fricas.py and the axiom command to fricas.
For the change: This is more logical since the doctests test fricas not axiom. Also, this has been specifically requested by Tim Daly -- the trademark owner on the name Axiom.
Against the change: We have an *axiom* interface already. The trademark on "Axiom" does not mean that we can't legally use the word for the command name in our program. Our interface to sage is an interface to axiom, fricas, etc.
- Description modified (diff)
- Summary changed from axiom --> fricas to axiom --> fricas ?
- Owner changed from was to mhansen
- Status changed from new to assigned
- Summary changed from axiom --> fricas ? to [with patch, needs review] axiom --> fricas ?
comment:13 Changed 4 years ago by cwitty
- Summary changed from [with patch, needs review] axiom --> fricas ? to [with patch, positive review] axiom --> fricas ?