Ticket #3349 (closed defect: invalid)
OSX: make sure LDFLAGS are set for linking purposes
|Reported by:||mabshoff||Owned by:||mabshoff|
|Report Upstream:||N/A||Reviewers:||Karl-Dieter Crisman|
On OSX it seems that using DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH on OSX is not equivalent to using LD_LIBRARY_PATH on Linux for example since there the linker takes that into consideration as a last resort when not finding libraries. I tried to figure out if there is some magic mode for the OSX ld to consider DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH, but I couldn't find anything. Either way, I can systematically fix those issues, but it will take some time to get this right and tested since this appears to be an OSX specific issue.
This is somewhat of a META ticket and will take some time to fix.
- Status changed from new to needs_review
- Report Upstream set to N/A
- Status changed from needs_review to positive_review
- Reviewers set to Karl-Dieter Crisman
- Milestone changed from sage-5.1 to sage-duplicate/invalid/wontfix