Ticket #2501 (closed enhancement: fixed)
[with patch, positive review] SBox class for Sage
|Reported by:||malb||Owned by:||malb|
The attached patch adds a class SBox to the module sage.crypto.mq which offers basic functionality to work with cryptographic substitution boxes like:
- substitution (obviously)
- difference distribution and linear approximation matrices
- multivariate polynomial system generation
- univariate polynomial interpolation
It might be a bit controversial if this functionality should go in (it is not math but applied math), so here are some points in favour:
- Sage has a sage.crypto module with LFSRs and such.
- SBox supports (algebraic) cryptanalysis by simplifying experiments with ciphers and algebraic aspects of cryptography is an application of Sage (Sage was advertised for this application in the past)
- Some people have expressed (some) interest in such a class.
- Summary changed from [with patch, needs review] SBox class for Sage to [with patch, positive review] SBox class for Sage