Ticket #12928 (closed defect: duplicate)
critical bug in multivariate polynomial factorization over GF(2)
|Reported by:||zimmerma||Owned by:||tbd|
|Report Upstream:||Fixed upstream, in a later stable release.||Reviewers:||Jeroen Demeyer|
consider the following (both with Sage 4.8 and Sage 5.0.beta13 without proof=False):
sage: R.<x,y>=GF(2) sage: factor(x^6 + y^6 + x^5 + x^3 + x + 1,proof=False) x^6 + y^6 + x^5 + x^3 + x + 1 sage: (x^4+y^2*x^2+x^2+y^2*x+y^4+y^2+1)*(x^2+x+y^2+1) x^6 + y^6 + x^5 + x^3 + x + 1
This seems to be a bug in Singular factorization. I set the priority to "critical" since this is really a very basic routine.
- Report Upstream changed from N/A to Reported upstream. Little or no feedback.
- Report Upstream changed from Reported upstream. Little or no feedback. to Fixed upstream, in a later stable release.
- Status changed from new to needs_review
- Reviewers set to Jeroen Demeyer
- Milestone changed from sage-5.3 to sage-duplicate/invalid/wontfix