Ticket #12846 (closed defect: duplicate)
Multivariate Factorisation can be randomly slow (over extension fields)
|Reported by:||malb||Owned by:||tbd|
|Report Upstream:||Fixed upstream, in a later stable release.||Reviewers:||Jeroen Demeyer|
The following code may take 1 second or not terminate in 1 minute, depending on random choices in the algorithm:
sage: K=GF(4,'a') sage: a=K.gens() sage: R.<x,y> = K sage: f=(a + 1)*x^145*y^84 + (a + 1)*x^205*y^17 + x^32*y^112 + x^92*y^45 sage: time r=f.factor(proof=False)
- Report Upstream changed from Reported upstream. Little or no feedback. to Reported upstream. No feedback yet.
- Report Upstream changed from Reported upstream. No feedback yet. to Fixed upstream, but not in a stable release.
- Status changed from new to needs_review
- Reviewers set to Jeroen Demeyer
- Report Upstream changed from Fixed upstream, but not in a stable release. to Fixed upstream, in a later stable release.
- Milestone changed from sage-wishlist to sage-duplicate/invalid/wontfix
Note: See TracTickets for help on using tickets.