Ticket #12780 (closed enhancement: fixed)
Be more careful about setting the Maxima 'domain'
|Reported by:||mjo||Owned by:||burcin|
|Report Upstream:||N/A||Reviewers:||Burcin Erocal|
|Authors:||Michael Orlitzky||Merged in:||sage-5.6.beta0|
Ultimately, we should provide the user a nice way to set this. In the meantime, I'd like to clean up a few places where we play fast and loose with it:
- simplify_radical() and simplify_log() set the domain to 'real' before the round trip through Maxima and back. This has no effect on any doctest (radcan ignores domain anyway).
- Expression.expand_log() sets the domain to 'real' when it's called, and 'complex' when it returns. We should make a note of the previous value rather than assuming it is 'complex' when the method is called.
comment:10 Changed 7 months ago by burcin
- Status changed from needs_review to positive_review
- Reviewers set to Burcin Erocal
comment:11 Changed 6 months ago by jdemeyer
- Status changed from positive_review to closed
- Resolution set to fixed
- Merged in set to sage-5.6.beta0