Ticket #12682 (closed defect: fixed)
Fix "hardcoded" 'gcc' in ratpoints 2.1.3 [p2]
|Reported by:||leif||Owned by:||leif|
|Component:||packages: standard||Keywords:||rd2 spkg CC compiler hard-coded|
|Cc:||rlm, jdemeyer, rohana, mjo||Work issues:|
|Report Upstream:||N/A||Reviewers:||R. Andrew Ohana|
|Authors:||Leif Leonhardy||Merged in:||sage-5.0.beta9|
Description (last modified by leif) (diff)
The upstream Makefile defines CC to gcc, which could be overridden by using make CC="$CC" ... in spkg-install (similar for INSTALL_DIR, which the Makefile defines to /usr/local).
The updated spkg patches the Makefile to let CC just default to gcc, and take the value of the environment variable CC if the latter is defined (which is always the case in Sage, but that doesn't matter). Similar for INSTALL_DIR, such that spkg-install can (and does now) make use of the install-lib target, also quoting the target filenames to allow spaces in $SAGE_LOCAL.
I've also cleaned up SPKG.txt and spkg-install a little; the latter now also uses $MAKE instead of make.
I'm not sure whether we should add running some tests (there's a test target which does use the built library), or even add an spkg-check script; if so, perhaps on a follow-up ticket. [See also my comment in SPKG.txt.]
md5sum: 5e5c2cf5a05196e6146251eb6ccad1b6 ratpoints-2.1.3.p3.spkg
ratpoints-2.1.3.p3 (Leif Leonhardy, March 17th 2012)
- #12682: Patch Makefile such that the CC (and INSTALL_DIR) environment variable(s) override(s) the setting in the Makefile.
- Some clean-up; use $MAKE instead of make, also install the library with make (i.e., $MAKE) rather than "by hand".
- The Makefile has a test target; don't know whether we should run some tests, and whether it's worth an spkg-check script (for which we'd presumably have to duplicate the whole CCFLAGS* setup).
- Cc rlm, jdemeyer, rohana added
- Status changed from new to needs_review
- Description modified (diff)
- Authors set to Leif Leonhardy
- Status changed from needs_review to positive_review
- Reviewers set to R. Andrew Ohana