Ticket #12356 (closed defect: fixed)
many missing class number 2 orders in CM j-invariant function over quadratic fields
|Reported by:||cremona||Owned by:||cremona|
|Report Upstream:||N/A||Reviewers:||John Cremona, William Stein|
|Authors:||John Cremona, William Stein||Merged in:||sage-5.0.beta5|
Description (last modified by jdemeyer) (diff)
In sage/schemes/elliptic_curves/cm.py there is a list of imaginary quadratic orders with class number 2, introduced in #11220, but it is incomplete! Firstly, discriminant -72 is missing since the paper referred to omitted it in error; secondly, all 9 such orders whose maximal order has class number 1 were omitted by mistake.
The original patch (by JEC) adds the missing cases and adjusts the doctests (all for Q(sqrt(5)) whose output is now different as more cases are included. The later patches (by WAS) which are independent, do much much more, handling all class numbers up to 100.
- Status changed from new to needs_review
- Description modified (diff)
- Authors set to John Cremona
- Priority changed from major to critical
- Status changed from needs_review to needs_work
- Reviewers set to John Cremona, William Stein
- Authors changed from John Cremona to John Cremona, William Stein