Ticket #12102 (closed enhancement: fixed)
Make bzip2 a standard (instead of base) package
|Reported by:||jdemeyer||Owned by:||tbd|
|Report Upstream:||N/A||Reviewers:||John Palmieri|
|Authors:||Jeroen Demeyer||Merged in:||sage-5.0.beta11|
|Dependencies:||#12479, #10492, #12602||Stopgaps:|
Description (last modified by jdemeyer) (diff)
Now that we have support for gzipped Sage packages (#12602), we can easily make bzip2 a standard package instead of a base package. This will further the goal of decreasing the number of base packages (ideally to zero), see also #12631.
spkg: http://boxen.math.washington.edu/home/jdemeyer/spkg/bzip2-1.0.6.spkg (bzip2 compressed, to be converted to gzip when merged)
apply 12102_bzip2_standard.patch to SAGE_ROOT.
delete the untracked file spkg/base/bzip2-1.0.5.tar.gz.
- Dependencies changed from #12602 to #12479, #10492, #12602
- Authors set to Jeroen Demeyer
comment:12 Changed 14 months ago by jhpalmieri
- Status changed from needs_review to positive_review
- Reviewers set to John Palmieri
comment:15 Changed 14 months ago by jdemeyer
- Status changed from positive_review to closed
- Resolution set to fixed
- Merged in set to sage-5.0.beta11