Ticket #11969 (closed defect: fixed)
Clean up top-level Makefile
|Reported by:||jdemeyer||Owned by:||GeorgSWeber|
|Report Upstream:||N/A||Reviewers:||John Palmieri, Leif Leonhardy|
|Authors:||Jeroen Demeyer||Merged in:||sage-4.8.alpha2|
|Dependencies:||#11926, #11972, #11959||Stopgaps:|
Description (last modified by jdemeyer) (diff)
Using && inside commands for pipestatus does not work. Therefore, in the top-level Makefile, we should move $(TESTPRELIMS) out of $(PIPE).
For example, if sage-starts fails, one would get
$ make ptestlong [...] spkg/pipestatus ". local/bin/sage-env && sage-starts && ./sage -tp 0 -sagenb -long devel/sage/doc/common devel/sage/doc/de devel/sage/doc/en devel/sage/doc/fr devel/sage/doc/ru devel/sage/sage 2>&1" "tee -a ptestlong.log" Testing that Sage starts... Traceback (most recent call last): File "/usr/local/src/sage-4.7.2.alpha4/local/bin/sage-eval", line 4, in <module> from sage.all import * File "/usr/local/src/sage-4.7.2.alpha4/local/lib/python2.6/site-packages/sage/all.py", line 68, in <module> from sage.misc.all import * # takes a while File "/usr/local/src/sage-4.7.2.alpha4/local/lib/python2.6/site-packages/sage/misc/all.py", line 81, in <module> from functional import (additive_order, File "/usr/local/src/sage-4.7.2.alpha4/local/lib/python2.6/site-packages/sage/misc/functional.py", line 36, in <module> from sage.rings.complex_double import CDF File "integer.pxd", line 9, in init sage.rings.complex_double (sage/rings/complex_double.c:14716) ImportError: libgmp.so.8: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory Sage failed to start up. Please email sage-devel (http://groups.google.com/group/sage-devel) explaining the problem and send the log file /usr/local/src/sage-4.7.2.alpha4/start.log Describe your computer, operating system, etc. spkg/pipestatus: line 44: [: -ne: unary operator expected make: *** [ptestlong] Error 1
Note the penultimate line.
The attached patch also:
- removes sage-starts from sage -tp, because running make ptest or make ptestlong already runs sage-starts.
- runs ./sage -b in the make build rule. This ensures that the Sage library is up-to-date when testing or building documentation.
- adds make testalllong and make ptestalllong for completeness.
- generally cleans up the Makefile.
- Status changed from new to needs_review
- Description modified (diff)
- Status changed from needs_review to needs_work
comment:21 Changed 20 months ago by jdemeyer
- Dependencies changed from #11926, #11972 to #11926, #11972, #11959
comment:23 Changed 20 months ago by jdemeyer
- Summary changed from Move $(TESTPRELIMS) out of pipestatus to Clean up top-level Makefile
comment:25 follow-up: ↓ 26 Changed 19 months ago by jhpalmieri
- Status changed from needs_review to positive_review
- Reviewers set to John Palmieri, Leif Leonhardy
- Milestone set to sage-4.8