Ticket #11595 (closed enhancement: fixed)
Update exact eigenspace routines
|Reported by:||rbeezer||Owned by:||jason, was|
|Report Upstream:||N/A||Reviewers:||Martin Raum, Leif Leonhardy|
|Authors:||Rob Beezer||Merged in:||sage-4.7.2.alpha3|
Description (last modified by leif) (diff)
This patch overhauls the generic code for eigenspaces of exact matrices.
- Removed plain eigenspaces(), which was deprecated 3 years ago. This required three replacements by eigenspaces_left() in code outside the sage/matrix directory.
- Right eigenspaces were not being cached. This is fixed by explicity performning the caching in the method before working on the transpose.
- Warning about inexact rings have been removed and replaced by exceptions. These exceptions, and the documentation, suggest the eigenmatrix routines for RDF/CDF matrices where accuracy and speed should be much better (or code for symbolic matrices).
- Documentation has been improved.
- Only about 4 very minor changes were required outside of the matrix code to make doctests pass.
- If basis matrices of eigenspaces over QQbar are hanging, then #11544 might need to be a dependency. Strictly speaking it is not required to build, but could be needed to pass doctests.
- One change in behavior - the new format command, and its default value of "all". This will cause eigenspaces of matrices over the rationals formed with algebraic numbers from QQbar. This is consistent with how the eigenvalues() method behaves for rational matrices. When it is not possible to compute eigenvalues this way, the failure is graceful and suggests the format='galois' option. This required just one change outside of the eigen-stuff code (eigenspaces of graphs). See discussion at:
- Status changed from needs_review to needs_info
comment:10 Changed 21 months ago by rbeezer
- Status changed from needs_info to needs_review
- Description modified (diff)
comment:11 Changed 21 months ago by mraum
- Status changed from needs_review to positive_review
- Reviewers set to Martin Raum
comment:12 Changed 21 months ago by leif
- Status changed from positive_review to closed
- Resolution set to fixed
- Merged in set to sage-4.7.2.alpha3
Changed 20 months ago by leif
- attachment trac_11595-fix_noisy_zero_doctest_errors.reviewer.patch added
Note: See TracTickets for help on using tickets.