Ticket #11459 (closed enhancement: fixed)
Implement sage -rst2txt and sage -rst2sws
|Reported by:||slabbe||Owned by:||slabbe|
|Component:||notebook||Keywords:||sd31 days31 sd40.5|
|Cc:||kcrisman, kini, jasonbhill||Work issues:|
|Report Upstream:||N/A||Reviewers:||Keshav Kini|
|Authors:||Sébastien Labbé||Merged in:||sage-5.1.beta2|
Description (last modified by kini) (diff)
This ticket concerns the following :
- Convert a ReST file into a worksheet file from the command line : sage -rst2txt.
- Convert a ReST file into a Sage worksheet from the command line : sage -rst2sws.
- Upload a ReST (.rst) file from the Notebook.
- Upload a .html file output from docutils rst2html on a ReST.
- Upload a worksheet.html file as those stored in the repository ~/.sage/sage_notebook.sagenb/home/admin without having to change the extension to .txt.
- Add the class docutilsHTMLProcessor to the file sagenb/notebook/docHTMLProcessor.py which translates HTML file generated by docutils rst2html command into a worksheet text file. This class was inspired from the class SphinxHTMLProcessor already in the same Python file.
- Add the class genericHTMLProcessor to the same file which gathers all the common methods of the other two classes.
- Improve a lot the documentation of the file sagenb/notebook/docHTMLProcessor.py : it is now 100% doctest coveraged.
My motivation is that in general I wrote my own code using the Sage Code Convention where examples are formatted in ReST. The possibility of converting rst syntax to a worksheet would be nice. Also, ReST file is more fun to edit than the html/cells worksheet text file. It is also more versatile as it can be used to generate a web page or S5 presentation, etc. using docutils.
On my web page, I created a page rst2sws where I put an example of ReST file. Note that I managed to use MathJax to render the HTML output of docutils rst2html command.
Here is my clone of the sage-flask-notebook where I my patch on the sage notebook will be available.
I am planning to make this script more clean during Sage Days 31. I will upload patches as it gets better.
I mentionned the idea on sage-devel in December 2010 here.
This is based on a script called rst2notebook I wrote in January 2011 available on the Sage Combinat server.
- Description modified (diff)
- Summary changed from Implement sage -rst2notebook to Implement sage -rst2txt and sage -rst2sws
comment:19 Changed 2 years ago by slabbe
- Status changed from new to needs_review
- Authors set to Sébastien Labbé
comment:24 Changed 12 months ago by kini
- Keywords days31, sd40.5 added; days31 removed
- Reviewers set to Keshav Kini
- Status changed from needs_review to positive_review
comment:32 Changed 12 months ago by jdemeyer
- Status changed from positive_review to closed
- Resolution set to fixed
- Merged in set to sage-5.1.beta2