Ticket #11083 (closed defect: fixed)
PolyBoRi fails to build on OpenSolaris with gcc-4.6.0
|Reported by:||drkirkby||Owned by:||drkirkby|
|Cc:||AlexanderDreyer, PolyBoRi||Work issues:|
|Report Upstream:||Completely fixed; Fix reported upstream||Reviewers:||David Kirkby|
|Authors:||Alexander Dreyer||Merged in:||sage-4.7.alpha4|
Description (last modified by jdemeyer) (diff)
When compiling with gcc, PolyBoRi generates position independent code because of the compiler flag -fPIC. It does this on Solaris, and I expect Linux and OS X too.
However, on Solaris PolyBoRi also generates the compiler flag "-KPIC" which is the flag used by Sun (now Oracle) compilers to generate position independent code. GCC has always ignored this flag. However, the latest gcc does not, and considers this an error.
g++ -o Cudd/obj/cuddObj.pic.o -c -O3 -Wno-long-long -Wreturn-type -g -fPIC -ftemplate-depth-100 -O3 -Wno-long-long -Wreturn-type -g -fPIC -KPIC -DNDEBUG -DHAVE_GD -DHAVE_TR1_UNORDERED_MAP -DPACKED -DHAVE_M4RI -DHAVE_GD -DHAVE_IEEE_754 -DBSD -I/export/home/drkirkby/sage-new-gcc/sage-4.7.alpha2/local/include -I/export/home/drkirkby/sage-new-gcc/sage-4.7.alpha2/local/include/python2.6 -Ipolybori/include -ICudd/obj -ICudd/util -ICudd/cudd -ICudd/mtr -ICudd/st -ICudd/epd Cudd/obj/cuddObj.cc g++: error: unrecognized option '-KPIC' scons: *** [Cudd/obj/cuddObj.pic.o] Error 1 scons: building terminated because of errors. Error building PolyBoRi.
I found this on OpenSolaris, but I'm 99% sure the same would happen on Solaris, since I know the option "-KPIC" has always been there on both systems.
I'm cc'ing the PolyBoRi developers.
- Summary changed from PolyBoRi fails to build on Solaris with gcc-4.6.0 to PolyBoRi fails to build on OpenSolaris with gcc-4.6.0
- Status changed from new to needs_review
- Report Upstream changed from Reported upstream. Little or no feedback. to Completely fixed; Fix reported upstream
- Status changed from needs_review to positive_review
- Reviewers set to David Kirkby
- Authors set to Alexander Dreyer
- Status changed from positive_review to closed
- Resolution set to fixed
- Merged in set to sage-4.7.alpha4
comment:10 Changed 2 years ago by jdemeyer
- Status changed from closed to new
- Resolution fixed deleted