Ticket #10286 (needs_work defect)
sage-native-execute does not unset path etc.
|Reported by:||vbraun||Owned by:||jason|
|Component:||misc||Keywords:||sage-native-execute jmol LD_LIBRARY_PATH original save restore sage-env|
|Cc:||mhansen, nbruin, tbd||Work issues:|
|Report Upstream:||N/A||Reviewers:||Leif Leonhardy|
|Authors:||Volker Braun||Merged in:|
Description (last modified by vbraun) (diff)
The script unsets the LD_LIBRARY_PATH but not the PATH, and then executes the argument. So it essentially breaks execution of all programs that are shipped with sage since they can't find their libraries any more, unless you are lucky and the system libraries have the same version.
3d plots on the Sage command line call "sage-native-execute jmol", which is why 3d plotting in Fedora is broken since forever, see #9232.
The goal of this ticket is to
- fix sage-native-execute to revert more of the pre-Sage environment, in particular the PATH.
- fix the sage library to not call sage-native-execute for Sage components like jmol.
- #9386: sage-native-execute leaves traces of sage
- Keywords sage-native-execute LD_LIBRARY_PATH original save restore sage-env added; sage-native-execute, removed
- Reviewers set to Leif Leonhardy