Ticket #10016 (closed defect: fixed)
R's spkg-install calls "sage -f ..." to install the contained Rpy spkg
|Reported by:||leif||Owned by:||leif|
|Component:||packages: standard||Keywords:||sage-spkg deps scripts dependency|
|Report Upstream:||N/A||Reviewers:||John Palmieri|
|Authors:||Leif Leonhardy||Merged in:||sage-4.6.alpha2|
Description (last modified by leif) (diff)
This already caused trouble when the Sage scripts spkg wasn't yet installed, and making all standard packages depend on the complete set of Sage scripts (which had actually then been done) is an overkill.
There's a lot wrong with this spkg, and the Rpy spkg should be moved out of R's (#9906), but as a short-term solution, I decided to just replace the call to $SAGE_ROOT/sage (which requires sage-sage) by a direct one to $SAGE_ROOT/local/bin/sage-spkg, which should be present in any case, s.t. we don't have to make the R spkg depend on the Sage scripts spkg.
The new p4 spkg does not address any other issues.
r-2.10.1.p4 (Leif Leonhardy, September 25th 2010)
- #10016: Don't call "sage -f" on the included Rpy spkg, instead call "sage-spkg -f" directly, since only this is guaranteed to be present. This is just a temporary solution, until the Rpy spkg is removed from this one.
- Status changed from new to needs_review
- Description modified (diff)
comment:13 follow-up: ↓ 14 Changed 3 years ago by jhpalmieri
- Status changed from needs_review to positive_review
- Reviewers set to John Palmieri