Sage-2.8.3 is now in feature freeze though -- I won't make any changes except bug and build fixes to get this release out.
The first release candidate is posted here:
If it works well, then I'll release it probably tomorrow morning.
Critical Linear algebra bugs and memory leaks:
The following is a list of defects with patches/fixes. We should verify that the issue still exists and the the patch does fix the issue:
Potentially low hanging fruit:
To be classified:
Delayed until later:
Build improvements: #472
Improved sage-script: #473
High Level CHANGELOG:
- Michael Abshoff: General build, debugging, etc., contributions.
- Martin Albrecht: Much new code for working with matrices over certain polynomial rings
- Michael A and Martin A: fixed serious memory leaks in integer linear algebra
- Tom Boothby: Greatly improved pow and generic_power
- Tom Boothby: Preliminary notebook support for internet explorer
- Robert Bradshaw: Added first version of new java/notebook based 3d plotting capabilities.
- Robert Bradshaw: Improvements to coercion code
- Robert Bradshaw and David Joyner: New Rubik's cube solver code interface code.
- Paul Dehaye: Interface improvements
- Mike Hansen: Lie interface
- David Joyner, Tom Boothby, Robert Miller: Update to guava in the GAP spkg.
- Joel Mohler (with Craig Citro and David Harvey): Move c_lib back into the main SAGE repo (no more sage_c_lib); NTL wrapper improvements
- William Stein: New Modular forms code.
- William Stein: upgraded maxima to version 5.13.0
- William Stein: Fix some quaternion algebra bugs; Fix bug with current directory in notebook.